Monday, February 6, 2012

Building a New Website

Unfinished Painting by Gustav Klimt

Wow, it's been so long since I've posted on Jet Gypsy that I couldn't remember my password for it.  Sad, but true. 

Yes, I have been busy.  I'm working on a new site and what I thought would take a few weeks, at most, is into the second month.  Of course, if you've ever done anything online or worked with computers, you know that every little change often brings something else out of wack.

Have You Ever Painted? 

Those of you who are artists will know what I mean.  When you are painting, and you introduce a new color to some other part of the composition, that bold, new stroke will often change the balance of the whole painting.  Well, building a website seems to have the same effect.  One little part of the code is altered, then some other part of the code needs readjustment.  Holy sheet, it makes every little thing into a "situation" or whatever you want to call it. 

The Long and Winding Road to a Finished Website
Well, if you want to see my site, please do.  But, remember that it's not finished and if it crashes...it shouldn't...you'll know that I'm working on it.  Hey, even though I have a wonderful woman helping me with the design and the HTML, I have never worked on any part of putting a site together before now.  Hopefully, it will all be over soon so I can get back to writing....because, even though I never wanted to be a writer, I think that writing is what the universe intends for me to do with the rest of my life.  (It's in my genes.  My father was a failed writer...but a very good one.)

Link to My Beta Site

So, write I shall.   Here is my site:  Boomerinas.com, and if you want to know why I picked a name that is a combination of Boomers and Ballerinas, just click on the article with a picture of flowers.

No comments: