Thursday, December 1, 2011

You Gotta Give Love to Get Love - Using Links


If you are a writer, here is a pathway to the most intelligent, cogent article about search engines and links that I've ever read...and I've read a lot of them.  Yes, the article I want you to study (and think about) explains basic, online marketing principles to artists; however, anyone fumbling about for their own 15 minutes (or 4 minutes) of fame can use these same fundamentals…yadda, yadda, yadda. 

Sure, you’ve heard this all before.  But, the difference is that this writer doesn’t hide behind SEO jargon.  This writer uses creative visualization to make his point.

Here’s the down and dirty: The article “Link and You Shall be Linked” says that you need to give love in the form of outbound links in order to get love in the form of inbound links.  And, inbound links are the hard currency of the internet.  Well, it just so happens that I’ve discovered the same thing (this week) as I’ve been learning to work Twitter.  (I must be the100th monkey.)

So, if you’re serious about your writing, read about how you can get more traffic to your website  I know you’ve read a boatload of boring articles about keywords and SEO, but this one is worth your time.  And, of course, I must confess that I found the article “Link and You Shall be Linked” through a link.

Song of the day: Love the One You’re With

No comments: