Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baby Boomer News

This Boomer has evil, glinty eyes
Every now and then, I like to search online for “Baby Boomers” in Google News or Bing News, and I just found something interesting.  As usual, Baby Boomers with evil, "greedy, glinty eyes", are responsible for someone’s unhappiness…in Auckland.  And, Auckland is one of my favorite cities in the world.  Kiwis are the nicest, friendliest people in the entire world.  (Well, I haven’t seen all of the world, but I’ve seen a lot of it.)

So, here’s the article Baby Boomers, a Plague on All Your Houses...along with a suggestion for the author: Why don't you just blame your mom and dad like a normal person. 

Catherine, my first house was $179,000 in 1982 dollars (US) and we really couldn't afford it, but we didn't want to raise our future children in an LA barrio at a time when drive-bys were rampant.  I was in my thirties, and our house was a dung-hole in Huntington Beach...nowhere near the beach.  So, Catherine, I feel your pain, but suck it up like the rest of us. 

No one "owes" you a freaking house. 

Song of the Day: Your Song.  Catherine, I did not know one person (when this song came out) who could afford a house, and if you will kindly listen to the lyrics, you might understand that most Boomers could only dream of having a place with a little yard where they could grow their own organic veggies.  That one line about the house was what made this song popular.

No comments: