Friday, October 28, 2011

Italian Gothic Tour - NYT Article is Spooky-Cool




After reading a NYT's article about Gothic Italian sites, I've figured out my next trip to Italy. Well...I haven't explained these plans to my husband yet, because he just wants to see tourist sites and then check them off his list:
  • Eiffel Tower - Check
  • Leaning Tower - Check
  • Tower of London - Check.
  • Okay, we're ready to tackle Asia.....
I, on the other hand, look for more intensive travels. No, I probably won't be able to get my travel partner to go to all of the spooky Goth sites on this NYT's list, but I will add one or two if possible. The travel article also has some excellent ideas for novels...Gothic writings...that I've never heard of. It's just so nice to know that there are other people who travel more for the experience than for the Facebook photos. 

The link for the article is further down, but here are some pictorial highlights that I've put together from the NYTs article:


Need to read - I'm not a Goth so this looks like fun.

Mosaic in spooky Cathedral of Otranto, a city that celebrates some seriously scary stuff.

Padua - Wow, this looks beautiful. I've only been to Rome, Venice, Florence, and a few Italian cruise ports.

I think I'll be just about ready for Italy next October.

Here's the link for the NYT's travel article and some ghoulish photos of The Santa Maria delle Anime del Purgatorio ad Arco Church in Naples and the Capuchin Crypt in Rome.










Song of the Day: Don't Fear the Reaper (Eeeeeek!)

No comments: