Saturday, April 23, 2011

I Am Going Back to Paris

I was in Paris last month. Now, I am going back with my two adult daughters. They have never been to Paris (one of them has never been to Europe) and it is going to be a blast even though we are only going for 5 days.

I don't know if I can keep up with them. I didn't have my kids until my mid thirties. Both of my girls are in their mid twenties. Hopefully, I can teach them how to use the Metro and give them a carnet of tickets and a map.

They have never been to the Louvre Museum.
Louvre and the Tuileries Park - photo web.france.com

My daughters have never been to the Tuileries. It's my favorite park. Actually, no. My favorite park is at Versaille, but we can walk to the Louvre or take a Metro from our hotel.

They have never seen the painting of Liberty Leading the People by Delacroix.


They have never hung out with me to have some hot chocolate at Place des Vosge. Or wandered around to see the little shops in the neighborhood.


My daughters have never been to Musee d'Orsay. Or eaten a real croissant or Croque Monsieur. (Forgive my spelling. I'm too tired to check) Or had a cold Orangina at a sidewalk cafe. There are so many things to see that I don't even know where to start. However, I know that this will be an amazing vacation. 

Here are 5 phrases to remember if you're going to Paris: 

Tips on Manners for Shopping in France

No comments: